Reporting concerns

How do I report concerns about another student?

If you feel comfortable to do so, you should first raise the matter with your lecturer or Unit Coordinator. If you feel that the matter has not been adequately addressed, you can bring the matter to the attention of your Head of School. Guild Student Assist can advise you about how to prepare and present your case.

How do I report concerns about a staff member?

You are encouraged to report any concerns you may have about a staff member’s conduct to the Integrity and Standards Unit.

What happens after my concerns are reported to the Integrity and Standards Unit?

  1. Your complaint will be recorded and acknowledged.
  2. Your complaint will be assessed and addressed in the manner most appropriate and in accordance with University policy.
  3. You may be asked to clarify or expand upon details of your complaint.

You may access Counselling Services at any time for additional support. You may make a complaint to an external agency at any time.

Where can I read the full policies relating to behaviour?

You can find the Complaints Policy and the Complaints Procedures and other related policies on the Policy and Compliance page of the Curtin website.

How do I contact the Integrity and Standards Unit?

You can contact the Integrity and Standards Unit in one of four ways.

  1. Fill out the complaints form on the Curtin website.
  2. Call the hotline on 1800 907 998 or our Direct Line 9266 9184
  3. Send a letter addressed to:
    Integrity and Standards Unit
    GPO Box U1987
    Perth WA 6845
  4. Visit the Integrity and Standards Unit at Building 100, Room 430, on the Curtin Perth Campus.


Information in this publication is correct at the time of publishing but may be subject to change.

This material does not purport to constitute legal or professional advice.

Curtin accepts no responsibility for and makes no representations, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability in any respect of any material in this publication. Except to the extent mandated otherwise by legislation, Curtin University does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any reliance which may be placed on this material by any person.

Curtin will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (including direct, consequential or economic loss or damage) however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise which may result directly or indirectly from the use of this publication.

Student academic or general misconduct is dealt with in accordance with the Curtin University Act 1966, Statute 10 – Student Discipline, the responsible officer for which is the Academic Registrar. Students are expected to inform themselves of and comply with all relevant laws; University statutes, rules and by-laws; and the University’s values and signature behaviours, policies and procedures.

Copyright information

© Curtin University 2016

Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968, this material may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without the permission of the copyright owner. All enquiries must be directed to Curtin University.

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology

CRICOS Provider Code 00301J

Alternative formats

This publication is available in alternative formats on request to Corporate Publications.